Links & Resources
Last modified on 2023-03-05. This page is dedicated to nature lovers and wildlife photographers. Written and regularly updated by Karl-Heinz Müller Dipl. Natw. ETH, Biology. With 10 years of experience in wildlife photography, Karl-Heinz shares first-hand, on-site collected observations, photos and videos from his frequent visits to parks in and around Montreal.
A collection of links and resources assisting Muuuh Wildlife Photography in achieving its mission.
Apps Used in the Field
- Merlin Bird ID to identify birds.
- PlantNet to identify flowers in the field. (take a photo with phone and upload it for immediate id)
- Species at Risk in Ontario - Growing list of endangered species
- Fauna Flora Photography - All species seen and described in Montreal area and Quebec.
- List of Birds in Quebec - 450+ bird species with French names
- BugGuide - Entomologists assisting with identifying insects (bugs).
- iNaturalist - Helpful community to find id of species.
- Butterflies Quebec - List of all butterflies in Quebec.
- Flore du Québec - Info of 130+ flowers encountered in Québec. [fr]
- Wikipedia - Resource for taxonomy and common names of species.
- Open Street Map - Maps used as background for illustrations.
Sharing Photos & Videos
Some More Links
- Amis du Champ des Possibles - Park around the Corner.
- Amis du Parc des Rapides - My friends from Parc des Rapides.
- Meriscope - Marine Research Center
- Hyena Project - Ngorongoro Crater
- Nature Photographer of the Year - NPOTY. Don't forget to submit your photo in time.