Gear, Software, Workflow
I maintain two different setups. One for photography and video recording of birds, mammals, any larger animal and another one for macro photography. The Nikon Z6 with the 70-200mm serves for the first purpose while the Z6 with the 105mm for the second. I am not sure why I am still carrying the 24-70mm around.
- Nikon Z6 (maybe replaycing with Nikon Z7 II next year)
- Nikkor Z 28-70mm f2.8
- Nikkor Z 70-200mm f2.8
- Nikkor Z MC 105mm f2.8G
- Z Teleconverter TC2.0 (On wishlist, still preorder only)
- Manfrotto 290 xtra w/ Video Head
- Rode NTG-2, Zoom H4n Pro
Different to camera and accessories, my investment in hardware and software is minimal. This reflects my dislike of any post-production related activities. I like to be in the field and not at the desk.
- MacBook Pro, External Drive 4TB (2x), Lexar XQD Card Reader
- PhotoMechanic, Affinity Photos
- DaVinci Resolve
- Import all files nef and mov into desktop hard drive using Photo Mechanic. Photo Mechanic renames the files.
- In Photo Mechanic review each file, photos and videos, and discard files which are fails.
- Add stars to photos and videos which will be edited and used for website and Unsplash or YouTube.
- Edit photos using Affinity Photo.
- Edit videos using DaVinci Resolve.
- Submit qualifying photos to Unsplash
- Submit qualifying video clips to YouTube
- Add edited photos and published videos to Website Backend
- Re-deploy Website
Disclaimer: No brand endorsement intended. Just listing what I use and how I use it.